Sunday, March 1, 2009

March 1, 2009

I have just finished going through the following book:

Ancestors of American Presidents, by Gary Boyd Roberts. 2009 Edition. New England Historic Genealogical Society, Boston, Mass. 2009.

If you have any New England ancestry, chances are you will have one or more ancestors in common with American Presidents. I find I now have ancestors in common with 15 American Presidents: Washington, Van Buren, Fillmore, Lincoln, Grant, Hayes, Cleveland, Taft, Coolidge, Hoover, FDR, Nixon, Ford, Bush I and Bush II. All of these connections are from my mother’s side of the family.

The latest issue of the Record has two Kip(p) references (pages 38 and 59), both of which I have added to my Kip/Kipp genealogy. The New York Genealogical and Biographical Record, Vol. 140, No. 1, Jan, 2009. Marriages Recorded in the Register of the English Lutheran Church, New York City, 1794-1810 and Marriages from the Ladies’ Monitor and The Weekly Visitor or Ladies’ Miscellany, New York City, 1801-1803.

Work on the Kip/(p) genealogy has been slow lately. Probably I will not be updating the file until May or June of this year. Web site: ca.geocities.com/ekipp@rogers.com. On World Connect my Kip(p) stuff is identified with edwkipp8.

No comments: