Sunday, July 5, 2009

June 29 to July 5

Monday
Rained last night. The day gradually improved with some sun in the afternoon. We then had a fairly heavy rain shower in the early evening. I decided to exercise on the elliptical machine today. So I did 20 minutes. It felt good, since I haven't done that now for almost 4 months. We went over to our daughter's place for supper. Good chicken supper! Did some more negative scanning today. This is moving along nicely. Also continued work on Kipp families in the 1850 US Census. Walked 5.8 km.

Tuesday
A variable weather day, cloud, rain and sun. Did my work at the Friends of the Library and Archives Canada. Scanned more negatives. Watched a movie on TV, Strategic Air Command, starring James Stewart and June Allyson. Great movie if you like to watch airplanes flying! Walked 10 km.

Wednesday
Another variable weather day, more cloud, rain and sun. Canada Day! 142 years old! We basically decided to do nothing today. My daughter and I visited the National Air Museum for a couple of hours and that was it. Our local TV stations decided not to cover the fireworks on the Hill, which was disappointing. Scanned more negatives. Also finished off season 4 of JAG. Walked 9 km.

Thursday/Friday/Saturday
Weather was variable all three days. Cloudy with rain anytime. Started to clear Saturday so cut the grass in the afternoon. Watched more JAG. Since the next Harry Potter movie is due out soon we watched the video for the last one, Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix. We will then read the next book Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince before we see the movie. Walked 5.6 km; 6.7 km; 8.5 km. Biked about 13 km on Saturday.

Sunday
Weather was better today, sunny and warm. Scanned more negatives. Watched more JAG from Season 4. It doesn't look as if I will get any more done on the Kipps in the US 1850 Census now until August. So there will not be an update to my files until September or October. I have two newsletters that I need to work on over the next few weeks and I will also be watching the Tour de France on TV. Biked 21 km. Walked 8.6 km.

No comments: