Sunday, November 15, 2009

Nov 9-15

Monday
Sunny and warm today. Did a bit more on final yard cleanup. Next week I plan to put up my two short lengths of snow fence. We practiced our dance steps today. Our final dance lesson is on Wednesday. We think we might go on to level two of ballroom dancing. Did some more work on the Census references for my Canadian Kipp family genealogy. This is a slow but rewarding process. I do plan to update my Kip Family in America file but need to do a bit more work. Because of the new information I have added over the past year I will have to reduce the number of generations I put up because I am adding data on living people. Walked 11.3 km.

Tuesday
Sunny again today and warm. Worked for several hours on the census references for my Canadian Kipp family genealogy. Had the dogs over for a few hours in the evening while their masters were out. Biked 10.7 km. Walked 6.9 km.

Wednesday
Sunny again but a bit cooler. We went down to the cenotaph in Ottawa for the Remembrance Day Service. We usually watch on TV but the Prince of Wales and Dutchess of Cornwall were there today. A very large crowd attended. The weather was great and the service excellent. My two uncles served in WW I and returned. One of my cousins was almost set to go overseas when WW II ended. We went to our last dance class for Ballroom Dancing 1. I feel that we accomplished something. I can now do the basics for three dances (rumba, fox trot and waltz) and need a lot of practice on two more triple swing and cha-cha). Walked 8.7

Thursday & Friday
Sunny both days but cool. Thursday we spent the day shopping and running errands. Friday was taken up with yard work, putting you my two short lengths of snow fence, cleaning eves trough, and unpacking a couple of purchases that need to be put together. We also rearranged some of our curtains and put up one new curtain rod. Biked 10 km. Walked 11 km and 8.6 km.

Saturday
Cloudy with some rain today. Practiced our dancing today. The classes are over but we will practice a couple of times a week to ingrain the basic steps. Worked for several hours on the census references for my Canadian Kipp family genealogy. Walked 7.4

Sunday
The day started wet and foggy. Rained a bit. The day went too fast. I did get to an afternoon tea for members of the Friends of the Library and Archives Canada. Had a chat with a few people and munched some great snacks. At home we had our daughter and fiancee and their two dogs over for supper. Cranberry brie to start, salad, spaghetti and meatballs, and garlic bread. We were full after! Walked 5.1 km.

No comments: