Sunday, December 28, 2008

Dec. 28th - Winter/Sports/Christmas/Kip_Kipp Family

Well, we just experienced another winter storm. It was not as bad as predicted. We did get some freezing rain and some rain. The temperature finally went above freezing Sunday afternoon for a few hours. This was long enough to salt the driveway and use a metal ice scrapper to remove the inch of ice. The wind that followed dried the laneway so we now have a solid non slippery surface to work with.

Last week we went skiing once and snow shoeing twice. When it snows again we will resume our winter sport activities.

We ate to much as usual for Christmas dinner followed by a couple of days of turkey and now a delicious turkey stew. We had two turkeys on hand so we will have turkey again on New Years day.

Today I started back at my Kip/Kipp Family in America work. I am now working on books and other materials I photographed while in New York in October. We did research at the New York Public Library and the New York Historical Society. I may not update my online file until I have finished looking at all of the items I photographed from New York and our visit to the LDS Library in Salt Lake City. This will probably take a couple of months. I would also like to resume looking at the 1851 US Census and pulling out references for Kip and Kipp that I can match up with my file.

No comments: