Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sunday March 29th

This last week has been a bust other than posting what we did in New York. Both my wife and I caught a really bad cold virus which has kept us quiet for the week. It is still not over. I did my volunteer work with the Friends of the Library and Archives Canada on Tuesday and then did almost nothing the rest of the week except cough, sit, rest and read.

I read a book called Ex Libris by Ross King. Sort of a mystery odyssey set in the 17th Century. A good read with lots of historical facts etc.!

Saturday we turned the lights off for Earth Hour.

Also on Saturday I ventured out for a few hours to attend one lecture at the Gene-O-Rama Conference. This is a genealogy conference put on by the Ottawa Branch Ontario Genealogical Society, of which I am a member. I have been involved in the organization of Gene-O-Rama for over 10 years and I was sorry to miss most of it because of the bad cold virus. www.ogsottawa.on.ca.

It looked like a success again this year with over 200 registrants.

No comments: