Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Aug 31 to Sept 6

Monday
A sunny day. We decided to start dusting the house today. Watched a movie "Charlotte Gray." Excellent movie about the Second World War. Started to read a book about Mercator. Biked 12.6 km. Walked 8.9 km.

Tuesday
Sunny today. This was my day to volunteer at the book sorting facility of the Friends of the Library and Archives Canada. We spent most of our time organizing things for the book sale. The Annual Book Sale is set for Sept. 18, 19 and 20 at the St. Laurent Shopping Centre in Ottawa. In the evening I attended the executive meeting of the Ottawa Branch, Ontario Genealogical Society as Editor of the Ottawa Branch News. This is my 8th year as editor. Walked about 8.1 km.

Wednesday
Drove my wife to the Family History Library to spend several hours on some English parish records. Meanwhile, I picked up our vacuum at Sears, stopped by the Services Canada office to give them my passport renewal stuff and ran a few more errands. In the afternoon we went for a bike ride. The weather is warmer today and sunny. Watched JAG Season 8. Biked 15 km. Walked about 5.1 km.

Thursday
Sunny and warm today. This was our 43rd anniversary. We went to downtown Ottawa and had a nice lunch at the FreshMarket in the Rideau Centre and also did some window shopping. Got back to the images I took at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City. I plan to get through all of these before I update the Kip file on my web site. Watched more JAG Season 8. Walked 11.5 km.

Friday
Sunny today and warm. Watched more JAG Season 8. Froze more tomatoes from the garden. Biked 14.3 km. Walked 7.1 km.

Saturday
Sunny again today but a bit cooler. Watched more JAG Season 8. We worked on my Schultz and Nieman genealogy in preparation for a Schultz family reunion. Finished formatting all of my remaining 3 1/2" diskettes (about 150). I did about 300 last year. They and some old software diskettes will all go out in the trash this fall. The next thing to do is weed the old software DVD's which are not longer useful. Walked 8.6 km.

Sunday
Sunny and cooler today. We went for a 17.3 km bike ride this morning. Watched the last of JAG season 8. The last issue was a cliff hanger. Did some more work on the images I collected at the FHL Salt Lake City. We had our daughter and her fiancee and their two dogs over for supper. Walked 5.5 km.

No comments: