Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Sept 7 to 13

Monday
Sunny today after a cloudy start. We did some house cleaning on the kitchen cupboards. Watched some JAG Season 9. Walked 8.6 km.

Tuesday
Sunny and warm today after a cloudy start. We did some more house cleaning on the kitchen cupboards. Froze more tomatoes. This has been as really good year for them. Watched more JAG Season 9. Walked 9.3 km.

Wednesday
Sunny today. Watched more JAG Season 9. Biked 13.7 km. Walked 6.4 km.

Thursday
Sunny today. Watered a bit of the lawn today because it was drying out badly. Helped my wife make a pound cake. Packed for the trip to the Schultz family reunion in my home town of Princeton, Ontario. Watched more JAG Season 9. Walked 10.0 km.

Friday
A travel day to Brantford, Ontario where we were staying for the weekend. We left Ottawa early so that we could spend several hours at the Archives of Ontario in Toronto. We wanted to do some searching in the Ontario District Marriage Registers. Didn't find what we were looking for. Walked 6.6 km

Saturday
Sunny today. Drove to Princeton from Brantford to visit the local cemetery. We placed a pot of fall mums on my mothers grave and also one on the graves of my grandparents and great-grandparents. After that we drove through the country side. We stopped at St. John's Anglican Church at Eastwood, and then Woodbury where my grandfather Link lived and my mother also. Back in Brantford we had a lite lunch and then visited the (Alexander Graham) Bell Homestead at Tutela Heights. In the evening we visited with a cousin David Kipp. We went out for supper to a small Italian restaurant "Juliana," which was very good and had a nice conversation afterwards. Walked 8.8 km.

Sunday
The day started off cloudy in spite of the forecast. The sun came out about 2 p.m. We went to my Schultz reunion in Princeton, Ontario. We had a really good pot luck lunch. This was followed by a business meeting. My wife and I are the President and vice for the reunion next year 2010. It will be held in Princeton again. I presented my findings on my Schultz and Nieman ancestors. I think the family was quite surprised that we had taken our ancestry back about three generations into the German records. Previously we only knew the names and birth and death dates of my great grandparents William Schultz and Frederika Nieman and the fact that they had come from Germany. We stayed all afternoon and left about 6:30 after a second round at the remaining pot luck dishes. About 22 family members attended. After we got back to Brantford we went for a walk. We then watched the last of JAG Season 9. We also watched the TV presentation Wolfe and Montcalm The Battle for Quebec on the History Channel. Very good! Walked 6.4 km.

No comments: