Monday, January 4, 2010

Dec 28 to 31 and Jan 1 to 3

Tuesday was cold, about -18 C. The temperature warmed up a bit and it started to snow on Thursday, so maybe we can go skiing soon. Walked 8.4, 7.4, 6.9, 9.7 km.

Friday
New Years Day. We don't usually go out New Years Eve but stay home and watch movies/videos and the NYC ball drop in Times Square. Having been to NYC several times over the last two years it has new meaning for us. We had our youngest daughter and her husband and their dogs over for dinner. Our oldest daughter was here also from Milwaukee. My wife and I sorted our DVDs in preparation for cataloguing them on Library Thing. We had a nice snow fall of 5 to 10 cm Thursday and Friday. Now we can go skiing again. Lots of shoveling to do of course, the down side! Walked 5.9 km.

Saturday
Still snowing a bit today, 3 or 4 cm. More shovelling. My daughter and I went for a cross country ski today. This was our first time for the season so we limited the ski to about 5 km round trip. Very nice. We are watching three video series now, Stargate, All Creatures Great and Small, and Lovejoy. We also have a couple of new Dr Who to watch. Walked 3.7 km.

Sunday
Still a bit more snow today, 1 or 2 cm. My daughter and I went for a short snow shoe hike of about 2 km round trip. I have started working on finding sources for my Canadian Kipp Family tree again. Ancestry.com has really become useful. It has so many record sources available all of which are available through the search function. Granted there are transcription errors but in general I either find the family I am searching in great detail or not at all. Sometimes a little imagination helps to find them. I think some of my families were on the road sometimes when the census was taken in both Canada and the USA. Walked 7.6 km.

Web site is: www.kipp-blake-families.ca

No comments: