Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Jan 18 to 24

Monday
Today we had a little surprise waiting for us when we logged onto Ancestry.com to search. Several day back I had added some new information to the family tree on ancestry concerning my Schultz and Niemann ancestors. Ancestry has an automatic matching function and it came up with a hit on the New York Passenger Lists for 1846 for my ancestor Wilhelmine Niemann and her mother Anna coming to America on the ship Meta. We had been looking for this without success until then. Wow! More searching on Ancestry for my Kipp family sources. Walked 10.8 km.

Tuesday
Went to work at the Friends of the Library and Archives Canada book sorting facility. A busy day unloading about 50 boxes of books to re-sort into categories. Went to the monthly meeting of the Ottawa Branch, Ontario Genealogical Society in the evening. The speaker talked about the Blair family of Gloucester Township, Ontario. Walked 9.7 km.

Wednesday
Some sun today. Not sure what I accomplished today, it went by so fast. I guess I am catching up on a whole bunch of little items. More searching on Ancestry for my Kipp family sources. In the late afternoon my older daughter and I went cross country skiing for a round trip of about 6 km. This is great exercise. Walked 7.7 km.

Thursday
The day was a blur. Walked 9.2 km

Friday
Sunny. Today I went on a trip to Williamstown with a friend. We are involved in setting up a bus tour to historic sites in the Mohawk Valley of New york for the fall of 2010. We act as tour guides and also produce a booklet which is given to each participant. So we drove to Williamstown to meet with some people from the Sir John Johnson Manor House committee which is sponsoring the trip. In the evening we had our daughter and her two dogs over for supper. After we took the two dogs for a walk. Walked 7 km.

Saturday
Sunny again today. I went to the dog park on Conroy Road with my daughter and her two dogs today. We had a very interesting time and a good walk. The sheltie had a great time running around and interacting with other dogs. The other one, Hogan is 15 and very spry for his age. He decided to take off on his own and run back towards the parking lot. My daughter finally caught up with him and captured him. He went back on his leash for the rest of the walk. More searching on Ancestry for my Kipp family sources. Walked 7.2 km.

Sunday
More sun today but a bit cool. My older daughter and I went for a cross country ski before the rain. We went maybe 5 or 6 km. More searching on Ancestry for my Kipp family sources. I also started to work on the sources for my Link family (Mothers side). Walked 6.5 km.

No comments: