Tuesday, June 15, 2010

June 7 to 13

Monday
Sunny with some cloud today, cool wind, abt 19 C. I did a few hours of research on Ancestry for my Link family. I am finding lots of new stuff. My wife and I and older daughter went canoeing today at Petrie Island on the Ottawa River. We have a 40 year old cedar strip canoe which is still in very good shape. Just a few minor leaks. We were out for about 45 minutes and had a couple of very light rain sprinkles. We then went to see the turtle pond at Petrie Island. Walked 9.2 km.

Tuesday
Sunny with cloud today, abt 20 C. The garden is growing and I am trying to keep the rabbits away with physical cages made from chicken wire that sit over each row. I have used this method before with some success. I usually have to give up a row of something too them to save the rest! This was my day to sort books for the Friends of the Library and Archives Canada. Did a bit of Link genealogy. Biked 9.7 Km. Walked 8.2km.

Wednesday
Sun and could today, abt 22 C. Rain in the evening. We still need it. Worked on my Link genealogy again today. Watched some Andromeda in the evening. Walked 8.8 km.

Thursday
Rained over night and this morning. A little sun late in the afternoon. We all went out for supper to our younger daughters home. Good meal and dessert! Walked 6.7 km.

Friday
Sun and cloud today, abt 23 C. Took our daughter to the airport today to fl back to Milwaukee. In the afternoon I cultivated all of the gardens. In the evening I cut the lawn. The last patches of new grass I sowed last week are emerging. Biked 10.6 km. Walked 8.2 km.

Saturday
Rain this morning and probably overnight. Worked on my Abbs and Link families today. went shopping at Canadian Tire for a new windshield wiper. Biked 10.9 km. Walked 5.0 km.

Sunday
Today we headed off from Ottawa abt 7 am to do the dry run for our bus tour in the fall through the Mohawk and Schoharie Valleys of New York State. We drove to Montreal then south and east to Chambly, Quebec, then to Iberville and Napierville to Highway 15 and south to the US at Champlain. Stopped at Plattsburgh for lunch (great salad bar at the Butcher Block) then headed down highway 87 through the Adirondacks to Lake George. Then back on 87 to almost Albany where we turned west to Schenectady and then further west to Johnstown, New York where we stayed at the Holiday Inn. Had prime rib for supper, Yum. Walked 4.9 km.

No comments: