Thursday, June 10, 2010

May 31 to June 6

Monday
Haze around this morning from the forest fires in Quebec. The wind is from the east and it smells like something is burning. The air quality improved by evening. Did some more gardening today. The planting is all done now and I just need to water regularly until we get rain. We are watching a new science fiction series, Andromeda. We like SF and action! No genealogy today. However, we did start working on the Tour Guide for our Mohawk Valley, New York bus tour in September. Walked 9 km.

Tuesday
Thunderstorm and rain over night. It was badly needed here. The ground is clay and it cracks when it gets really dry. Cloudy most of the day with some sun in the afternoon. This was my day to sort books for the Friends of the Library and Archives Canada. After that we took our older daughter to the train to go to Montreal for an information Conference. In the evening I attended the monthly Board meeting of the Ottawa Branch, Ontario Genealogical Society. Walked 6.6 km.

Wednesday
Sunny in the morning, clouding in the afternoon. Abt 28 C. I spread some peat moss and black earth on a patch in the front lawn that was beginning to look kind of bare. I need to spread a bit of grass seed as well. I put the roto-tiller away for the year. The back patio looks better now and we have space to sit out there in the afternoon. Biked 10.7 km. Walked 6.2 km.

Thursday
I think it rained a bit overnight (TS) and in the morning. I spread grass seed on the remaining spots. The spots I seeded last week are growing grass already. Walked 5.2 km.

Friday
Cloud and sun today, abt 26 C. Did a bit more gardening this morning. Cleaned the weeds out of the driveway and cut the lawn. Did some trimming with the weed whacker. This afternoon we went to Lowe's where my wife bought the lawn swing she wanted on sale. Took about two hours to assemble, with some difficulty. We picked up our daughter at the train after her conference in Montreal. Biked 9 km. Walked 8.6 km.

Saturday
Cloud and sun today, abt 24 C. Cooled down in the evening to about 12 C overnight. Quite windy as well. Did some Link genealogy and started to read a biography on Columbus. This evening just before I was going to bed I decided to do a bit more work on my Link genealogy. Good thing I did because I made a break through in finding the surname of my 2nd great-grandmother Mary Link, wife of John Link. Her surname was ABBS from England. Walked 6.7 km.

Sunday
Rain today, abt 14 C. This will be good for the lawn and other plants and my new grass. Stayed in and worked on my Link Genealogy today after the breakthrough last night. Went shopping for a couple of hours in the afternoon. Walked 4.8 km.

No comments: