Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Aug 16 to 22

Monday
Rain overnight with a very intense Thunder storm that passed over us about 4:45 in the morning. Woke me up! It took the morning for the clouds to break up. In the afternoon we had sun and cloud. We went shopping this afternoon. Worked on my Link family sources today. Watched a great program on PBS tonight about Saint-Gauden the famous American sculptor. We saw an exhibit about him at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City last year. Biked 11.5 km. Walked 7.2 km.

Tuesday
I did some work on the upcoming issue of The Royal Yorker today. I will have a draft ready for our board meeting on Saturday and then printing and mailing next week. Worked on my Link family sources today. Walked 5.9 km.

Wednesday
Sunny but cooler today, abt 27 C. My daughter and I went canoeing at Petrie Island today. Another good Blue Heron day, as we saw four. Worked on my Link family sources today. Walked 3.4 km.

Thursday
Sunny and cooler. We had a thunder storm mid afternoon, which cleared away. Worked on my Link family sources today. I think I have decided to stop work on the Link Family file for the moment. We had everyone over for supper tonight including the two dogs. Everyone had a good time. Biked 11.6 km. Walked 6.3 km.

Friday
Sun and cloud today. I have been working on tidying up a number of little projects so that the results can go to the printer. Biked 11.7 km. Walked 3.5 km.

Saturday
Cloudy with rain today, abt 17 C. We travelled to Morrisburg today to attend the board meeting of the St. Lawrence Branch UELAC. It is a long drive but sometimes as newsletter editor I need to be there to clarify items in the newsletter. In the evening we watched a couple of more episodes of Andromeda. After that we went for a walk in between showers. Walked 4.7 km.

Sunday
Cloudy today, abt 18 C. Some rain later in the day. We worked on an article about finding my gg grandfather William Schultz and his ancestors in Germany. We hope to have it published. Later we watched the last two episodes of Andromeda Season 5. I also finished off the latest issue of The Royal Yorker newsletter. Just need to proofread, print and mail it. Walked 5.4 km.

No comments: