Thursday, May 21, 2009

May 19-21 Orleans

Tuesday
My wife and I went with the Friends of Library and Archives Canada for a tour of the Gatineau Preservation Centre. The tour was about two hours long and included a look at the building structure plus tours to several of the storage vaults including one containing historical paintings and portraits. We were shown several miniature portraits including a very small locket portrait of a member of the Mohawk Valley Claus family. This is a great tour.
We also restocked our food supplies after being away for a few days.
Walked about 7.4 km.

Wednesday
We did a bit of shopping today. We watched two issues of session 3 of JAG.
Walked about 8.7 km.

Thursday
Today was a very warm day 26 deg C. Jim and I went for our morning walk in Orleans along with a stop at the local Drug store to pick up a birthday card. After that my wife and I went for an 11 km bike ride on the bike path along the Ottawa River.
In the afternoon I went into my former work place to visit for a while and drop of a CD of most of the pictures I took at work over the 29 years I was there. On my way back home I bought some local asparagus which we had for supper.
Later in the afternoon we went to see Angels and Demons at the movie theatre. The movie plot was quite similar to the book with some differences. In general it was a good action movie. Worth watching!
Walked about 8 km.

No comments: