Thursday, May 28, 2009

Orelans May 22-28

May 22
Got started gardening today. Bought some black earth to mix in before planting.
Finished a book called The Spanish Doctor, by Mat Cohen, who is a Canadian. It took a bit of effort to get into the book but once it got going the plot was good. It is a story of the Jews in the late 1300s and early 1400s in Spain and France.Walked about 9.2 km.

May 23
Did some gardening today. I need to plant next week, so that means going to a garden centre to buy some plants. Continued to wage war on the dandelions and plantains in the lawn. My wife and oldest daughter walked the 10K Marathon for Race Weekend here in Ottawa. We had our youngest daughter and fiancee and their dogs over for supper tonight. Walked about 7.5 km.

Sunday to Thursday May 24-28
Sunday my youngest daughter ran the Ottawa Marathon and finished.

The week has gone fast and I don't seem to have accomplished much. We are working on a talk I am given at the Ottawa Branch OGS on June 16th. Title: Finding My American
Ancestors.

Monday I spread some black earth on the gardens and them roto-tilled the ground again. We went and bought some plants at the garden centres. I planted about seven new perennials. Walked about 9 km.

Today Thursday and last night it is raining. During a break in the clouds I managed to plant most of the annuals. So I won't have to water much.
This week we have been watching issues of All Creature Great and Small, James Herriot. Walked about: Tuesday 9 km. Wednesday 5 km. Thursday 6 km.

No comments: