Monday, June 8, 2009

May 30 to June 7

Saturday May 30
We visited Cumberland Village Museum at Cumberland, Ontario east of Ottawa, because there was a special steam and country show taking place. Haven't been there for years. The country show was a bit weak but the village was interesting enough. We watched them cutting logs with an old saw mill set up. We also watch teams of horses pulling a dead weight on a sled. They were up to 6500 pounds when we left and they were about to increase the weight to 8000 pounds.

Sunday and Monday May 31 & June 1
went quickly. I was tired so didn't get much done. I almost finished planting the garden. Of course all last week it was wet and cold from the rain. Monday I got the tires replaced on the van.

Tuesday June 2
I did my days work sorting books for the Friends of the Library and Archives Canada. After getting home I cut the lawn and then did some weeding in the flower beds. I can now plant the rest of my annuals.I am almost done hand weeding the lawn as well. Walked 10 Km.

Wednesday June 3 walked about 6.9 km.

Thursday June 4
This week we finshed off season two of All Creatures Great and Small, James Harriott.Walked about 8.5 km.

Friday June 5
I went to a 35th Anniversary get-to-gether at my former place of work, the Library (CISTI) at NRC here in Ottawa. It was nice to see some of the people I used to work with. We contiued to watch season three of JAG.Walked about 12.7 km.

Saturday June 6
I went for a walk in the Gatineau hills with my daugther and one of her friends and their dogs. It was a good walk. We walked about 6km. Got rid of some surplus household items at the Ottawa give-away day. Walked a total of 11.5 Km during the day.

Sunday June 7
I reseeded a patch of the front lawn that had been winter killed.Walked about 10.5 km.

No comments: