Wednesday, May 19, 2010

May 10 to 17

Monday
Sunny and a bit warmer today, abt 12 C. Wind was intense and still cold. Had the stump grinder in today to remove two tree stumps. Looks better and now I can grass the spots. After he left I took down the kids old climber that had helped hold the Spruce up for many years. It was really rusty but not to bad to disassemble with a hack saw. I put the pieces out to the garbage and they are gone now. The four posts were dug out and I will put them out to the garbage over the next two weeks. Walked 11 km.

Tuesday
Sunny and warmer today with cloud in the afternoon. Cool wind, 18 C. Took the roto-tiller to work on the spot where the spruce tree stood. I worked up the ground twice and pulled out lots of small roots. I will now let it sit for a few days and maybe till it again with some peat moss before I put in grass. Also tilled two of the side gardens. In the afternoon I did some touch up painting in the down and upstairs hallways. A man from Sears was here to clean the AC coil in the furnace and install and electronic air cleaner. Almost done with the maintenance work until fall. Walked 4.5 km.

Wednesday
Sun and cloud today, abt 15 C. Worked in the garden today tidying up the yard. I am rearranging the large garden to make it smaller. In the afternoon I did some touch up painting on the kitchen cupboards. Walked 7.3 km.

Thursday
Mostly cloudy today with some sun in the late afternoon. In the morning I did some more gardening. I am shrinking the size of the garden so I am moving the sides of the garden inward. The afternoon was warm enough that we could open the windows so I proceeded to paint about 2/3 of the kitchen walls. They were looking a bit dingy but now they look great. Along with that I painted the window trim that was installed in December with the new windows. So now the interior of the house looks great. Walked 3.4 km.

Friday
A great day. Mostly sunny today with some cloud and a shower late in the afternoon. I did some more gardening today: planted about 11 perennials; worked up the spot where the spruce tree stood after adding a bag of peat moss. I will let this sit a few more days, level it off and plant grass. With the spruce and the old climber gone the back yard is looking quite open. Started reading a new book for me: Sarum by Edward Rutherford. Walked 5.5 km.

Saturday
Today was predicted to be sunny but it was cloudy most of the day. We had a couple of brief rain showers. In the morning I did some gardening and then went to a local garden centre to purchase a few more plants. I did a little more painting today to finish off the colour change for the basement hallway. It really does look better and brighter now. One more touch up task to do in a couple of weeks in the kitchen, then I can go outside to do a bit more painting there. Walked 5.1 km.

Sunday
Today was sunny for sure. Did some gardening again today. Generally a relaxing day. Walked 6.2 km.

No comments: