Monday, May 24, 2010

May 17 to 23

Monday
Today was sunny. Cut the grass and vacuumed the house. That was enough for the day. We picked up our older daughter at the airport around midnight. Walked 8.3 km.

Tuesday
Cloud with some sun and warm. Today was my day to volunteer at the Friends of the Library and Archives Canada book sorting group. Our other daughter and her husband and two dogs invited themselves over for a BBQ. In the evening I went to the monthly meeting of the Ottawa Branch of the Ontario Genealogical Society. Walked 7.9 km.

Wednesday
Sunny today with some cloud. temp 26 C. This morning we went to a free retirement income seminar. Not a lot of specifics given but the general information provided was good. After that we had a free lunch given by the retirement building where the seminar was given. We then had a free tour of facilities. We have not looked at a retirement building until now. In the afternoon I relaxed and waited for the AC technician to come and check out our AC. After that I planted four flats of annual flowers. In the evening we went for a bike ride. Biked 12 km. Walked 5.6 km.

Thursday
Cloudy in the morning with sun in the afternoon. Started working on sourcing my Link family file again using Ancestry.com. In the afternoon I did some heavy gardening by removing some sod. I am replacing with new sod. The ground is very dry. I am waiting for some rain. Biked 12 Km. Walked 8.2 km.

Friday
Sun and cloud today. Didn't do too much outside. We had the AC people in to determine the problem with the AC system. They will be back. Our older daughter had her birthday and we were all here as a family again. Her sister and the two dogs were here. Did some more sourcing on my Link family. My Link family is going to take months to do I think, as I do not know much about them except for my own direct line. Walked 8.2 km.

Saturday
Cloudy and cool in the morning. Planted some gladiolus bulbs this morning. This afternoon we went to the Met Opera in HD at Silver City. The production was Armida starring Renee Fleming. Great production with a mini-ballet in the second act. A couple of showers passed through in the afternoon. Did some more sourcing on my Link family. Biked 9.8 km. Walked 4.6 km.

Sunday
The day started off cloudy and then the sun came out and heated things up, abt 28 C. Variable cloud all day. We have the two dogs Jackson and Hogan for a day and a half. I took them both out for a walk this morning separately. Did some more sourcing on my Link family. Biked 11.3 km. Walked 8 km.

No comments: