Monday, December 20, 2010

November 22 to 28

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday
We had some rain on Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday was sunny. Tuesday I was back at "work" sorting books for the Friends for the Library and Archives Canada Book Sale group. I have also been sorting through my e-mails and pulling out items for use in the next issue of The Ottawa Genealogist. I am also putting together the next Gene-O-Rama brochure for our conference April 1-2, 2011. I am also collecting items for the next issue of The Royal Yorker for the St. Lawrence Branch UELAC. Never a dull moment! I watched a couple of old Jack Benny TV issues I found on DVD. I used to watch that show when I was a kid. Kid, now that is a long time ago! It is still somewhat funny considering many things have changed in 50 years, including our views of humour. Also watched a video tape of the Opera "Das Rhinegold" by Richard Wagner.

Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
Thursday I went to see the current Harry Potter movie, Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows, Part 1. I think this is the best one yet. Friday evening I went to Williamstown Ontario for a Christmas party at the Sir John Johnson Manor House Historic Site. The conversation was good and the food was good. All-together a good evening. The driving was good considering that we had had an ice, freezing rain and snow storm overnight on Thursday. Saturday and Sunday I spent some time watching TV and also watching and recording a couple of my Super 8mm home movie tapes into digital format. It was interesting to watch things from 1997/8. Now I need to do the other 40 tapes I have. This will take a few months. In my spare time I continued to work on the Gene-O-Rama brochure and registration form and The Ottawa Genealogist. Walked 49.3 km for the week.

No comments: