Wednesday, November 19, 2008

November 19th Movie in Ottawa & Research in Manhattan

November 19th
We went to see the movie Passendaele this afternoon. This was a break from doing genealogy.
This is an excellent movie about the Canadian involvement in the First World War. It also has a good story line.

I am currently working on the images we took on our last trip to Manhattan in October, where we visited the New York Public Library and the New York Historical Society again.
I am trying to resolve a problem created by a book I saw at the New York Public Library.
The Chipp Family in England and America with Genealogical Tree, by Charles Howard Burnett, Los Angeles, 1933. There is also a copy of this book in the Family History Library, Salt Lake City.

The author connects the Chipp family to the Kip Family in America, however, on reviewing this connection with what I have in my Kip/Kipp Family in America Legacy file, the facts do not match. So obviously we need to do more work on this connection. I photographed some of the pages out of the book, but I do not remember seeing the pages of sources used. We have a Joseph Chipp (1749-1816) marrying an Elizabeth Kip (1749-1816). The problem is who are the parents of this Elizabeth Kip?

No comments: