Monday, March 1, 2010

Feb 22 to 28

Monday
A slow day again. I did several hours of sourcing for my Kipp lines. This is a very slow process, but it needs to be done. Watched more of our video series. I didn't watch any Olympic coverage today. I think the hockey game last night turned me off. The Canadian team needs to do something, like learning to play together as a team for the whole game. Walked 7.6 km.

Tuesday
Well winter is back after a two month recess. Wet snow today, with temperatures above zero. This was my work day at the Friends of the Library and Archives Canada book sorting group. In the afternoon and evening I worked at sourcing my Kipp lines again. We also watched more of our video series and some Olympic coverage. Our daughter and husband and the two dogs were over for supper. Walked 11.2 km.

Wednesday
More wet snow today. Worked on sourcing my Kipp lines. Watched some Olympic coverage including the Men's cross country relay and part of the USA Switzerland hockey game. Dancing lessons again tonight. We learned the basic steps for the Samba. I also converted another of my music tapes to digital files. Walked 7.6 km.

Thursday
More wet snow today, maybe 5 cm. Worked on my sources again today but spent time searching the Google Newspaper archives, with some success. Watched part of the Women's Gold medal game in hockey. Canada won gold of course! We also watched women's single figure skating, with a bronze for a Canadian. I converted another of my music tapes to digital files. Walked 4.2 km.

Friday
A very messy day weather wise with rain and then snow. Very difficult stuff to move out of the way. It was a great day for medals for Canada in the Olympics. We spent much of the day on TV coverage of the Olympics. The Canada Slovakia hockey game was great with some tense moments at the end of the game. I worked at sourcing my Kipp lines again. Walked 9 km.

Saturday
Cloudy day but no precipitation. We went shopping this morning to get some new washers and a faucet end for the kitchen. I worked at sourcing my Kipp lines and finished the 4th generation where I will stop for now because we are getting to the time period where records are not public. Walked 6.8 km.

Sunday
A stable day weather wise. What a day for the Olympics. The 50 km ski marathon was quite exciting with a Canadian coming in 5th. The cliff hanger was of course the Canada US hockey game. We watched it at our daughters house and then stayed for supper. We had a nice visit and the dogs were happy to see us as usual. Worked on my German ancestors for a while today. Walked 6.6 km.

No comments: