Sunday, March 21, 2010

March 15 to 21

Monday
Clear today with sun and quite warm. 15 C. I spent part of the day doing
Ancestry.com research on the family of William Timothy Otis Kipp and Maude Mae
Ferguson. Followed this family to Reuben and Ann Kipp; Isaac and Mary Kipp; then
William and Mary Kipp in the US census. Also looked at his siblings and their
descendants. This is quite an extensive family. Friday I received an e-mail from the
Library of Congress asking for my approval for them to create an archive of my web
pages www.kipp-blake-families.ca/edwardmain. It must be because of the large amount
of Kip/Kipp data I have compiled there. I gave them the go ahead. We made more
scones today with cranberries this time instead of raisins. Yummy! Walked 9.9 km.

Tuesday
Sunny today. Temperature got up to about 20 C. Today I was back at the Friends of
the Library and Archives Canada sorting books. No family genealogy done today.
However, my wife and I attended the general meeting of the Ottawa Branch, Ontario
Genealogical Society in the evening. There was a very interesting presentation
titled: The Age of Cholera. It was the story of Dr. John Snow and the cholera
epidemic of 1854 in London, England. There was history context and genealogy
involved. We had our first bike ride of the year, which is very early for us. Biked 7.6 km. Walked 9.4 km.

Wednesday
Sunny today. Temperature around 16 C. I spent a few more hours doing Ancestry.com
research on the siblings of William Timothy Otis Kipp and Maude Mae Ferguson. Biked 8 km. Walked 6.2 km.

Thursday
Cloudy and then some sun in the afternoon. I read a book over the last two days, The
Best Cellar, by Charles Goodram. He used to work at the Library of Congress. It was
a murder mystery involving books, libraries and archives. An easy read. Biked 8.5
km. Walked 7 km.

Friday
Cloudy with sun in the afternoon. I worked on my Vanbuskirk and Alburtis connections
to New Amsterdam today. One of my Kipp correspondents discovered his connections
while talking to someone I worked with for years in the library and who was also a
cousin of mine. Small world as they say. We had our daughter and husband and their
two dogs over for supper. We then watched Who Do You Think You Are! This was a good
one with Liza Kudrow. Walked 7.6 km.

Saturday
Cloudy and cool. No genealogy today. Instead I did some filling on the drywall in
the basement and the frames around our new windows in preparation for painting. I
also worked a bit on the next issue of The Ottawa Genealogist for the Ottawa Branch,
OGS and The Royal Yorker for the St. Lawrence Branch UELAC. Biked 9.6 km. Walked 5.1 km.

Sunday
Cloud and then some sun but cool. I did a bit of Rathbun genealogy last night and
today to help the genealogist for the Rathbun family. Actually he helped me fill in
some gaps. I am also reading a book about the Great Fire of London, England in 1666.
Quite an interesting book. My wife has ancestors who lived in London. They may have
lived on the opposite side of the Thames from where the fire was. We also practiced
our dance steps today. Biked 9.3 km. Walked 5 km.

No comments: