Sunday, March 14, 2010

March 8 to 14

Monday
Sunny today. Up at daybreak again. We put the dogs in their cages in the afternoon for a couple of hours while we went out shopping. They were happy to see us return and when we let them out they ran down the yard. We took them for a long walk as well. Practised our dance steps briefly. Walked 13.9 km.

Tuesday
Sunny today. Up about 7 am today. Because we had the two dogs I didn't go into work at the Friends of LAC today. I did some more sourcing of family files and uploaded some data to Ancestry. Walked 9.9 km.

Wednesday
Sunny. Awake again at daybreak. Dogs! We continue to go out for a couple of hours in the afternoon to give ourselves and the dogs a rest. We went to our Ballroom dance session again this evening. We spent most of the hour on the Cha-Cha and the Samba. This session was a real workout. Walked 10.2 km.

Thursday
Sunny again and warm. We were awake at daylight this morning. I finished uploading my family files to Ancestry. This is another backup. If I need to I can create a GEDCOM file from Ancestry and download it to my computer. Again we went out shopping this afternoon for two hours to give ourselves a rest from the dogs. Walked 12.5 km.

Friday
Sunny again and warm. We were awake at daylight this morning. The dogs were up early! We made it through another day with the dogs. They were rather depressed this evening and were hoping to see their people. We went out shopping for a couple of hours to give ourselves a break. Walked 11.5 km.

Saturday
More cloud today and a stiff breeze from the east. This afternoon we went to see another opera from the Met HD series at Silver City in Ottawa. This is one of the most intense and great operas that I have seen. Very physical and well acted and sung. This love/hate story sort of mirrors some of the things that still happen in the world today, so not much has changed! When we returned home the two dogs were really happy to see us. Around 5:30 the two dogs were overjoyed to see their owners walk through our front door. They were all over them, no holding back. We helped them move all of the dog cages etc. back home after supper. Walked 9.4 km.

Sunday
Rain today. This will wash away some of the dirt and more of the snow. A quiet day for us! We survived the time change last night. Many of our clocks now adjust themselves, so I sometimes wait for a day to see what I need to do myself. I also know some of the older electronic items in the house will change in about a month because they have never had a software update. I updated some of the genealogy files on my home web page, www.kipp-blake-families.ca . Walked 5.7 km.

No comments: