Sunday, March 28, 2010

March 22 to 28

Monday
Sun and cloud. The book on the London fire was The Great Fire of London, by Stephen
Porter. Finished it today. Good reading. I was back working on the Tillsonburg Kipp
family today. Found sources and new information for the family of William Kipp and
Rachel Mann; son Chauncey Kipp and Sarah Jane Laur and their children. Walked 7.5 km.

Tuesday
Rain, hard rain and snow flurries today, cold. No accumulation. Today I was back at
the Friends of the Library and Archives Canada sorting books. More work on the
Tillsonburg Kipp family. Walked 8.3 km.

Wednesday Walked 8 km.

Thursday
Sun and cloud today, windy and cool. We started working on my talk about the Mohawk
valley of New York today. The talk is to be given on May 6th at the Sir John Johnson
Manor House in Williamstown, Ontario. We also went shopping this afternoon. Later
with some help I cut a small limb off of one our trees. I hope to get someone to come and do the rest for me soon. Walked 9 km.

Friday
Sun, cloud and cold today. This was the start day for our local Gene-O-Rama
genealogy conference. The new location was the Library and Archives Canada (LAC) in
downtown Ottawa. We had picked up some items for the conference in the morning and
delivered them about 3:15 in the afternoon. After that my wife and I did a couple of
hours of research at the LAC. We then walked a couple of blocks to the Bay Street
Bistro and had a delicious chicken dinner. After a leisurely walk back to LAC we
looked around at the vendors, chatted with people and then attended the opening
ceremonies and an excellent talk by Lisa Alzo from Ithaca, New york on Silent
Voices: Telling the Stories of Your Female Immigrant Ancestors. Walked 6 km.

Saturday
A bit cool with sun and cloud. My wife and I attended the Gene-O-Rama conference all
day at the Library and Archives Canada building on Wellington Street in Ottawa. The
conference seemed successful and the speakers were great. I listened to talks by Lisa
Alzo, Leslie Anderson, John Reid and Martha Seguin-Muntz. The programme book looked
great. (I produced it of course!) Walked 5.6 km.

Sunday
Sun, cloud and cool. More work on the Tillsonburg Kipp family, in particular the
family of Henry Kipp and Rachel Ann Wintermute. The other day I found a marriage
record on Ancestry.com for John (Jim) Kipp and Lydia McPherson. Rain this evening.
Biked 9.3 km. Walked 3 km.

No comments: